Your metabolism is the grand weighing scale in your body. It decides how quickly you burn off calories, which directly affects how much weight you gain.
Learning about your metabolism can be a daunting experience. There are a lot of factors that decide how fast or slow it is, and some of these factors can’t be changed.
Luckily, there are things you can do to kick your metabolism into gear, no matter where you are in life.
SIMPLE SPICES THAT ARE herbal metabolism boosters:
You may be surprised by how easy it is to find herbs that can help your body burn calories faster. In fact, some of the most basic elements to a quicker metabolism can be found in an everyday pantry.
Oregano, basil, and rosemary are all basic cooking ingredients that are proven herbal metabolism boosters. They work in different ways, whether they are blocking fat-building enzymes, or providing vitamins that can combat negative effects in our bodies. These are herbs you don’t want to miss out on.
- Ginger and Ginseng have been celebrated for their healing properties in Asia for thousands of years. Both are powerful roots that can be ingested in whole form or in powdered form, while still giving great results. There are many different kinds of ginger and ginseng, and it is disputed which versions are the most supportive, but no matter which kind you opt for, you can’t go wrong here.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili can all raise your body temperature, and cause you to burn fat faster. The first two are also high in essential nutrients that can keep your body in good balance. Spicy foods aren’t just tasty; they can help you stay healthy.
- Garlic is one of the foods that are an all-time favorite when it comes to helping your body run efficiently. It can help you break down fat, add nutrients to your diet, and eliminate excess fluids from the body. It comes in cloves, powder, or extract form, all of which are beneficial. However, remember that crushing garlic is healthier than slicing it. Also, you may wish to let it sit for about 15 minutes before you eat crushed cloves.
Foods and Lifestyle changes that are metabolism boosters:
There are many different kinds of tea that can help you while you lose weight. Oolong and green tea are chocked-full of immune boosters and catechins, substances shown to give the metabolism a jump start for a few hours. On the other hand, mate tea is considered one of the easiest on your body. If you don’t like the taste of tea on its own, try it with a slice of lemon or a teaspoon of organic honey!
- Coffee is one of those foods with a bad reputation because caffeine is a stimulant. It should be handled in moderation, but we must also consider what we put into our coffee. Dousing our drinks with creamers and sugars guarantees a crash later. But black coffee can, not only improve our diets, but strengthen our hearts as well.
- Peppermint is a hybrid plant, created from spearmint and watermint. As such, any true combination of these three foods can help your body burn calories faster. It’s important to note, however, that peppermint oil doesn’t only help you lose weight. It can also affect the way medications you take metabolize in your body, so take care before you begin a steady regiment.
Besides what you can eat to rev up your metabolic engine, you may want to consider how often you eat. Your metabolism works best if you eat a number of small meals a day, rather than one or two huge portions. Take the time out to plan as many as six small refreshments a day and you’ll skip that “bogged-down” feeling after you eat.
Protein can also be one of these metabolism boosters, but you have to watch what kind you’re eating.
Lean meats and legumes are going to give you more bang-for-your-buck than bacon and fried chicken, no matter how much protein greasy substitutes have in them. Getting enough of these essential components can also help you build muscle.
You’ve heard it a thousand times: if you want to lose weight and stay healthy, you’re going to have to exercise. It’s true! Focusing not only on cardiovascular endurance, but strength exercises can boost your metabolism and help your body run stronger and more effectively. Exercise doesn’t have to be painful. At first, if all you can manage is 15 minutes jogging in place, that’s where you start. Steady workouts and building up your body is important. Don’t expect to be able to run a marathon in the first week, or even the first year. Set a steady, careful pace and stick with it.
Think of your body as a machine. In order to get the most out of it, you have to put the most into it. That includes maintaining your muscles, organs, and joints with regular usage. These foods and changes can help you on your path to a better life.